For 90 day you can run for free Norton Internet Security 2011 or Norton 360 version 4 and Norton Antivirus 2011 .
Norton 2011 Product New Features:
– Provides fast and light protection that won’t slow you down or get in your way.
– Proactively notifies you when other applications are slowing you down and impacting your PC performance.
– Protects your online identity so that you can search, shop and browse with the confidence of knowing you won’t be a victim of cybercrime.
Download NIS 2011 | Norton 360
The name is similarity with the Microsoft Security Essentials, but in real is a fake virus named Security Essentials 2010, on which also the Redmond is warning all Windows users.
The fake anti-virus is a trojan Win32/Fakeinit: once installed does not just damage, showing a fake virus scan window instead try to close the system processes, also changing the security settings in the registry and the desktop wallpaper.
"Security Essentials 2010" and looks something like the image above. (click to zoom).
Recently my friend are infected by a virus called "Funny Scandal.avi.exe". How to remove this virus? For me this name was new so I searched up and a post of babyface was excellent.
First you have to download taskiller in here or here and install it to your computer because you can’t use task manager to terminate the virus(the virus automatically close task manager).
run taskiller and left click it on the system tray(the one with a skull icon)
to close the virus, select process and click yes to the question
(process to close)
note: close only file that have the same icon of Funny UST Scandal.avi.exe
- now, click “start” then “run”
- type “cmd” without quotes
- type “cd\” without quotes
- type “attrib -h -s smss.exe” without quotes
- type “attrib -h -s autorun.inf” without quotes
- type “start c:” without quotes (a new window will open)
- select smss.exe, autorun.inf, Funny UST Scandal.avi.exe and delete it