DIGG started the phenomena called Web 2.0 Social Bookmarking (actually, it existed before but it got popular with Digg). The crowd votes what is best and what is going to be on the front page. This is one of the best inventions in history of the Internet and is taking over the web. Digg is the godfather.
- At the moment Digg is one of the best known and visited sites on the whole internet. I think this should be enough for you to realize its power.
- Submitting your page to Digg brings you about minimum 5 targeted visitors per day in the next 5 or 6 days to my experience. And if they find it valuable, they will digg it. Then more will come and they will digg it too. You see the power?
- If you submit your site to Digg, Google crawls your site within hours, and sometimes within minutes. You get indexed very fast. It’s like someone saying “Hey, Google, come and check this out!”
- If you get to the front page you can expect over 2000, and more visitors per day. That’s a hell a lot of traffic!
- Go and test what I’ve told you and you’ll see that I’m right. So the 5th reason would be: If you test all this you’ll see that everything I say is true?
If you have any other reasons to share why Digg is or is not for spreading the world for your site, then feel free to leave a comment.