- A personal assistant Condemn your organizer to the scrap heap with this app, letting you fit all your personal accounts in the palm of your hand.
- AIM Keep in touch, send instant messages and check up on your friends’ statuses. The AIM app is rock solid, and even works with Apple’s
- AroundMe Instantly find nearby banks, gas stations, coffee shops, and other businesses and services.
- Bubble wrap Everyone loves bubble wrap. Pop, pop, pop! It shouldn’t be fun, but it really is! This wonderfully simple app shows off the responsiveness of Apple’s touchscreen.
- Dashbuster Manage your Blockbuster or Netflix queue anytime, anywhere. Great for those times when a friend recommends a movie and you think, "Yeah, I gotta rent that."
- Facebook The ultimate timewaster, sorry, social networking tool. Use Facebook’s dedicated iPhone app to keep in touch with everyone you know and update them with your every move.
- Google Earth Like the desktop version? The iPhone app is even cooler because it can pinpoint your current location and "tilt" your view as your tilt your phone.
- Graphing Calculator Why spend big bucks on a graphing calculator when your iPhone/touch can do the job for nada? This uber-handy tool offers functions ranging from absolute value to tangent.
- Hanoi A beautiful rendition of the classic Towers of Hanoi game. The object is simple: move a stack of disks from one side of the board to the other. I couldn’t put it down.
– 8GB for $199!
– 16GB for $299!
– To be launched internationally in 25 countries including USA on July 11.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the US.
How to change the default background image ( or Wallpaper ) that appears when your iPhone is locked
You can find free wallpapers for your iphone here
- Click the home button to go to the main menu. Then click on Settings
- In the Settings screen click on Wallpaper
- You have a choice of options:
- Wallpaper will take you to Apple’s preloaded range of Wallpapers. To switch to a new one, click on its thumbnail image
- Camera Roll lets you select from any photos you have taken with the camera. Select the one you want by tapping it
- Photo Library (and any photo folders you have created) lets you pick from any photo you have synced with your iPhone. Select the one you want by tapping it
- Once you have selected the photo, you can drag your finger to move it into the position you want and use the finger-thumb pinch to zoom it in or out. When it looks right click on Set Wallpaper