PHPanywhere is a web based free Integrated Development Environment or IDE for the PHP language, in other words it is an application that gives developers all the code editing capabilities they need to develop PHP applications online.
It includes a real-time syntax code editor with support for all web formats and a powerful FTP editor.
Some of the highlights.
- Syntax highlight PHP, CSS, HTML.
- Auto complete function names, parameters and variables.
- Syntax checking (lint).
- Integrated help inside the editor.
Install gphpedit by executing following command.
sudo apt-get -y install gphpedit
Screem has each and every functionality a web developer ever need. Some of the highlights of screem.
- Link validation.
- Auto completion, high level tree view of functions and variables.
- DTD checking and suggesting html that is compatible with current DTD.
- Plugin support or helper applicaitons. eg: HTMLTidy to clean up code.
- Automatically close tags.
- Preview page.
- Page template support.
- Auto sync with remote site.
- Spell checker.
- Task management to track status of your project using TODO comments.
- Wizards to simplify code generation.
- PHP function reference.
Install screem by issuing following command.
sudo apt-get -y install screem Continue reading